Thursday, February 27, 2014

Statements and Answers

 Statements : Agree or Disagree
1. Your intelligence is something very basic about you that you can't change very much.
     I disagree with this statement because there's no such thing as being smart. There are people who try hard learn things more each day and there's others who decide to not use their brain.
2. You can learn new things, but you can't really change how intelligent you are.
    My opinion is that you can learn new things and its does change how intelligent you are because your using your brain to discover new things.
3. No matter how much intelligence you have, you can always change it quite a bit.
    I agree with this statements because nobody is ever too smart. There's so many things to still explore and learning doesn't stop.
4. You can always substantially change how intelligent you are.
    I agree with this statement because a person can always learn more and use their brain more.
 
   Since reading The Mindset chapter my answers for the statements have become more meaningful. I am understand that the growth mindset sets challenges to make them as goals to overcome. However the fixed mindset prefers to take an easy way out to accomplish something which doesn't nearly mean cheating. During class I see students who have a fixed mindset and those who have a growth mindset. Everyone is different on how they want to do certain things. This mindset chapter is important to everyone to understand how to be a better person on a everyday basis. My classmates and I now understand the difference and can decide what's better. A difference between the two mindsets are how much effort we put into goals and it all shows. Therefore my answers for the statements have become more significant to me and everyone else should be aware of their mindset.

1 comment:

  1. Failure is not really a word for a person with a growth mindset is it? Glad you got something out of the reading. Did you revisit the second set of questions regarding personality?
    Do you think mindsets change depending on circumstances?
    Asked for a two-paragraph reflection. You state some strong opinions about mindset but I don't see a lot of examples/evidence to back it up.
    3-3-3-4

    ReplyDelete